Quantcast

221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

BrianP BrianP

221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

I came across this website last week when searching for powered velomobiles.

I think it is a terrific effort and shows just what mpg motorcycles could be giving if streamliners were not banned from racing all those years ago.

http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbent%20motorbike.htm

Brian
cornishhh cornishhh

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

Thanks for the link to this,Brian.
This subject is one of my interests too.
It seems to me that lightweight,physically small,highly economical personal transport is the way to go rather than the large hybrid and electric vehicles which are being promoted.

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

An inspiring project - but don't forget its measured in US gallons that are bigger (20oz per US pint, 16oz per UK pint, so 177mpg in the UK)

I'd rather have the new Kia diesel car - 92mpg on the extra urban cycle which is a stunning achievement. Take a passenger and it beats the "C5 on steroids". Having a wheel at each corner is jolly handy, it probably tows a small boat also.

-Paul
Sail when you can, motor when you can't http://www.millibee.com
cornishhh cornishhh

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

I thought imperial gallons were bigger;I've got in my head that 1 imperial gallon = 0.8 US gallon.
My 1995 Citroen AX diesel does 70+mpg in normal use.
Probobly not as comfortable as the Kia but a fraction of the price.
Easy to work on too.
cornishhh cornishhh

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

Wrong way round sorry;an imperial gallon=1.2 US gallons.

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

Cornishhh,

Apologies - my mistook, yes US gallons are smaller.

I must have had too many pints

-Paul
Sail when you can, motor when you can't http://www.millibee.com
BrianP BrianP

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

So the actual UK miles per gallon is 265mpg!

Brian

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

The Netherlands version says 94 km per litre
BrianP BrianP

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

Just love this Yamaha concept bike produced for the Toko Show. A super efficient 125 engine in a retro bicycle frame. Should easily achieve 150mpg.

BrianP BrianP

Re: 221mpg streamlined Honda Innova

This post was updated on .
This little MOEGI does 188 mpg.

Here's a video showing just how good life can be when riding one. You even get a stripper for a girlfriend. No not that kind, a cedar stripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNluiyLf5s&feature=related

Brian