4x4 Anyone?

If you have read the new topic 'Van Blanc' in the Technical/Eco forum below - http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Van-Blanc-tp4027058.html, then those of you who know me at least, will appreciate I have a vehicle going spare.  I bought ‘Pegasus’ the Great White Galloper new in 1998 while still out in Muscat, Oman and we’ve been having adventures ever since:

She’s no longer young and has the age spots to prove it, but has only done some 64,000 miles, so there’s life in the old girl yet.

Bringing her back here makes her a ‘grey import’; left hand drive and has – ‘Vehicles in the mirror are closer than they appear’, written in Arabic on the wing mirrors to attest to her provenance.  She’s actually just a ‘Shogun’ made under licence by Hyundai and has thus far been supported by Mitsubishi parts with their standard 2.5 litre turbo diesel.

Anyone care to slip me a few bob for her, or do I take her out the back

And shoot her?

Re: 4x4 Anyone?

Just for the record

My Good-Old-Girl, (the Hyundai, not the Minster of the Interior) was passed on to a dealer today for five hundred smackers.

I question which of us saw the other coming

Or maybe not

Chris

Re: 4x4 Anyone?

Sounds like the best kind of deal to me.
Quick clean and no-one walks away feeling hard done to. Result.

Re: 4x4 Anyone?

I reckon that's a good result. Lot better than I got when I sold our caravan a week or so ago. Well done.

Now on with the Van man era!

On 20 Dec 2013, at 15:17, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sounds like the best kind of deal to me.
Quick clean and no-one walks away feeling hard done to. Result.

Nesting Ray. Nesting Ray.

Re: 4x4 Anyone?

Van man era Timmo?? Do you mean you sold the caravan and now intend converting a van into a camper?  Ray.

Re: 4x4 Anyone?

Not exactly. Bought a ready made camper back last Easter (afraid my wife was less enamoured with the home made conversion idea.)  So yes we're now into a van man era since our camper is a van conversion rather than a coach bodied beast. Kept the caravan for a while thinking we might still have occasion to use it but realised we preferred tha camper and it was time to create space on the drive.

Cee Dubs, otherwise known as Chris is the more couragious member of this group who's embarking on a van conversion.

Tim.