Another hello from Devon

chris chris

Another hello from Devon

I am Chris and new to all this. On a whim and after quite a lot of wine, I bought the plans for a Francois Vivier Seil 18, omitting to check to see if it would fit in my garage. Well, it does, kinda, on the diagonal, so I have built it on a plywood trolley so I can move it about.

I have just turned the hull over and begun the fit out.

My friend Colin helped me turn it over and I am thinking about calling the boat "Colin's Finger" after he trapped and broke one of his digits (interestingly, a middle one) during the manouevre. I have learnt a lot about the awesome strength of marine epoxy having inadvertently glued a 4 inch concrete block to a lapstrake. I thought about glueing one on the other side as balance and thinking it might foil like one of those America's Cup boats... As I said, I am new to all this.

Re: Another hello from Devon

Hi Chris, welcome.
Who amongst us hasn't glued a concrete block to a strake at some time or another?
You'll fit in fine around here.
Keep us posted on your build, looks like its coming along great.
Cheers Grum.