Any old brass?

Hi all,
I feel a bit like Ron Hopeful in the Monty Python book who put an ad in the shop window asking for a mint condition Jaguar in exchange for a tin of boot polish, 'partially used'.
Anyway, Langstone Cutters Rowing Club's esteemed bo'sun is currently restoring our newest Solent galley, and he needs four brass plates about 2in by 1in to secure the bottom ends of the rowlock pins. Has anyone got a strip of brass about 1in by 8in to make them up? Or four bits of brass of the right sort of dimensions?

Re: Any old brass?

Dear Ron.
I have in my possession a small sheet of best HM Gov. Brass, believed to have fallen off a door, which is approx 4ins by 8ins. and about 1/8th thick.

I would be happy to chop off a chunk big enough for your needs and pop same in the post if you would like to send your postal address to my usual e-mail.

Grum.

Peter Nobes Peter Nobes

Re: Any old brass?

Don't just post it to him!  Ask for the jag or the boot polish in exchange.

On 18 April 2013 18:05, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Ron.
I have in my possession a small sheet of best HM Gov. Brass, believed to have fallen off a door, which is approx 4ins by 8ins. and about 1/8th thick.

I would be happy to chop off a chunk big enough for your needs and pop same in the post if you would like to send your postal address to my usual e-mail.

Grum.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Any-old-brass-tp4026377p4026378.html
To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Peter Nobes
Teacher of the Alexander Technique
London UK
www.alexandertech.co.uk
www.facebook.com/AlexanderTechniqueLondon

www.youtube.com/ZenForOurTime

South Bank Alexander Centre
www.AlexanderCentre.co.uk
020 7928 6378

Re: Any old brass?

I think I still owe him one for saving me from a Muddy and Watery end.

Re: Any old brass?

I must say this forum is fab - that's two offers in 12 hours. Interestingly, both items seem to have come from HMG by 'informal' routes. Graham, I'm touched that you should still feel obligated so long after the event, but Ratcatcher John beat you to the punch and gets the Kiwi.

Re: Any old brass?

The shoes will just have to stay scruffy for a while longer.

Ratcatcher has more stuff in his shed than me, because he had a bigger truck.  The private sector just don't understand how much the Govt sector contributes to the economy.

Lights blue touch paper and casually walks away.