Barton Turf - Spring 2016

12

Barton Turf - Spring 2016

A place holder topic requested by Simon, to help him organise the Spring 2016 meeting.
gregandginas gregandginas

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

This post was updated on .
Simon and I have just talked through possible dates for a "HBBR+" meet in 2016.  We'd currently favour dates around (before, during, after) the weekend of 20th-22nd May.

The 20th-22nd May is before the Bank Holiday signals the half-term crowds... and well before the Beale Park Boatshow (3rd-5th June) - and it should be late enough for the Swallowtail Butterflies to be in abundance.

In order to make the meet viable we'd need a similar sized turnout to this year.  That doesn't have to be the same groups though.  I'd like to get a few canoe sailors along... and I assume Simon and Sheila would invite a few stalwarts of the AYRS... but we could perhaps see if a few DCA folk might be interested to see if we can get a sailing-core.

If the date does NOT work for people, I'll liaise again...

One option might be a weekend towards the end of April... as we've then got a Bank Holiday... and the immediately subsequent weekend, Simon and Sheila might be hosting a "Go Wild @ Barton Broad" event.

The other option would be to go later... maybe to the weekend after Beale.

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

This post was updated on .
From this distance

May 20th weekend, or after Beale, both look good....

Count me in

Please

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

This post was updated on .
Ah the balmy breezes of May sound enticing.
I'll try to remember both sleeping bags this time.
Grum.

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

we've got someone else wanting 11-12 June, so concentrate on 20-22 May please

Simon
Julian Taylor Julian Taylor

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Yes May would be good for me too. Probably would extend the stay a bit at either end again if possible and the swallowtails sound a fair trade off against the bitterns heard and seen back in April.

Julian
Chris Adeney Chris Adeney

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Peter Nobes Peter Nobes

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Did we finalise a date for this?

Best
Peter

On 8 September 2015 at 16:42, Paul (admin) [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
A place holder topic requested by Simon, to help him organise the Spring 2016 meeting.
Sail when you can, motor when you can't http://www.millibee.com

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Barton-Turf-Spring-2016-tp4029083.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

Peter Nobes
Teacher of the Alexander Technique
London UK
www.alexandertech.co.uk
www.facebook.com/AlexanderTechniqueLondon

www.youtube.com/ZenForOurTime

South Bank Alexander Centre
www.AlexanderCentre.co.uk
020 7928 6378
inwe inwe

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

I've already booked with Simon. Going to take Inwe.
Peter Nobes Peter Nobes

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

What date? The late May bank holiday?

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Barton-Turf-Spring-2016-tp4029083p4029264.html

020 7928 6378
gregandginas gregandginas

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Barton Turf gathering will be 20-22 May: hopefully late enough to get us some decent weather... prime time for the wildlife... and hopefully early enough to avoid the high-season crowds :)

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Excellent, Greg is promising Great Weather, Superb Wildlife, Virtually Deserted waters, Great Company, (although the HBBR lot can be a bit stand-offish) and Free Beer*

What more could we possibly want? I plan to be there.
Grum.

* I may have made the last bit up.

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Port-Na-Storm wrote
Excellent, Greg is promising ... Free Beer*

* I may have made the last bit up.
I think you might have been. We're not licensed!
Simon

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

I'll be there.

May 20-22 is good timing, as the next weekend will be kick-off for the HBBR Thames raid! Beale Park is June 3-5.

OMG We suddenly seem to be well organised!

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

I think you might have been. We're not licensed!
Simon

That's why the beer has to be free!
Chris Adeney Chris Adeney

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

I hope to get to Barton this year. After a couple of months house decorating (to gain enough Brownie pionts for all I need to do) I am out in the barn trying to get my broads boat ready for the water in May. The aim is to launch it up at Barton and sail it on the broads after a gap of at least 10 years. Back to work now, see you there.
Chris A.

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Yes Barton Turf.
20th-22nd May.
I'm a definite, I'll be bringing the Coot.
Can you point me to your booking form please Simon.

Greg. Are we expecting a contingent from the Open Canoe Group again?
Anyone else?

Cheers Graham.

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Port-Na-Storm wrote
I'm a definite, I'll be bringing the Coot.

Anyone else?
Ahhh... do I attempt the longest journey since I became unwell 2 years ago (but I am getting better slooowly).
Chris Adeney Chris Adeney

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

I will be coming probably with my rowing boat as my broads boat will not be quite ready by then. Do you want to share a lift over Paul? Can I have a booking form Simeon? Who else is coming? Chris A.
inwe inwe

Re: Barton Turf - Spring 2016

Chris
Glad to hear you are coming to BT. The booking form is on the BTAC website under group booking , Rally Participants 2016 document.

Richard
12