Caledonia Yawl Kit

John Lamb John Lamb

Caledonia Yawl Kit

Hi folks! I hate the fact that my first proper post here is to try and sell something, but needs must. Here's the story..when I retired last year I bought a Caledonia Yawl kit from Jordan Boats, but almost immediately after I bought the kit I was diagnosed with a serious illness. I have had surgery, and treatment is ongoing. This has knocked the wind out of my sails, and I can't face starting this project. So I am offering the kit for sale at half price. It is the decked version of the kit, and cost me £1325, so I am asking £700. If you are not familiar with these kits they consist of CNC profiled plank shapes in 9mm Robbins Elite marine ply, building moulds cut from 12mm MDF and bulkheads and decks in 6mm Robbins Elite. Alec Jordon has also provided a simple method of lining up the plank scarfs, so the glued up plank is the correct shape. I have previously built an Oughtred Guillemot from one of Alec's kits, and having built a Tammie Norrie from scratch I know that the kit saves a huge amount of time, and you don't have to handle 8x4 plywood sheets. Ian Oughtred's plans are not supplied with Jordan kits, and are required to give you the necessary permission to build a boat. I have the plans, and will include them with the kit at no cost.

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

Hi John,
Sorry to hear you've been going through a tough time.
I wish I had the space to build the Caledonian Yawl, your offer is very appealing.
I've built from one of Alec's Kits and I can vouch for the time and effort saved.

Is the kit for the seven plank version or the four plank?

Cheers Graham.
John Lamb John Lamb

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

This post was updated on .

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the response. It's the seven plank kit. I suppose space will
be an issue for a lot of people, it's a big beast. My own workshop is
only 23ft x 11ft so it would be a squeeze, but I reckon I could have
managed it. Hopefully my health will improve later this year, so if I
don't shift the kit I will probably still build it. Just for the record, I am in the North-East of Scotland near Huntly.

Regards
John
iansoady iansoady

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

Hi John,

I would be interested in the kit - is it still available?

If so could you email me at ian.soady@bp.com.

Many Thanks

Ian
John Lamb John Lamb

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

My CY kit is now sold . Thank you to all who responded, and apologies again for my first forum post being for the purpose of selling something.

Regards
John

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

Congratulations, John, and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we are always pleased to help when it comes to building a new boat, especially when Iain did the design and Alec cut the kit.
Of course, you realise that your buyer (Ian?) is now committed to launching the result at an HBBR event, and you might be responsible for the champers....
John Lamb John Lamb

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

> No virus found in this message.

Thanks Chris! And thanks to all of for making me feel welcome on the
forum. It was indeed Ian who bought the kit, and I'm sure he will be up
for a bottle of bubbly when it's completed. Regards John.
iansoady iansoady

Re: Caledonia Yawl Kit

Evening All,

I have been very slack posting photos - so have attached a few. Adrian Morgan is making a great job of the build.

More later

Ian

The Stem Profile

view looking aft