Cartopping genius

Re: Cartopping genius

Great idea.
I need to solve the problem of getting Katie Beardie off and on the roof.
I saw these and thought they'd be a good idea, till I saw the price! You're havin' a laugh Santa.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yakima-HullyRoller-Rooftop-Carrier-Straps/dp/B000Q5G82I

I think I need to take a run up the dump.

Re: Cartopping genius

Instructables is full of clever ideas and well worth a look now and then.

Autodesk, who bought Delcam where I work, own that site. They are targeting the hobby maker market who might be interested in 3D printing etc.

Re: Cartopping genius

What, you mean people who want to build their own 3d printer?

Cool.

Re: Cartopping genius

Port-Na-Storm wrote
What, you mean people who want to build their own 3d printer?

Cool.
Yes they are available in kit form already. But there are opportunities for entrepreneurs with a 3D printer to offer a mail order printing service, after files are uploaded to the mystical cloud (a pc in the corner of a warehouse under a tarpaulin).

Subscription software is in the pipeline, where you pay a reasonable monthly usage fee and sign in or out as you need to.
Photoshop offer monthly subscriptions. My mate who is a semi-pro wedding photographer at the weekends gets it on subscription for a month or two, as he cannot justify the high cost perpetual licence.

Also ArtCAM has some clever code to turn a suitable photo into a realistic low relief for printing/carving (aka additive/subtractive manufacture).