Clamps Clamps Clamps.

On Sale Now at Aldi.

One Handed Ratchet Clamps

Only £4.99 Per Pair

ALDI,  For all your fiddly clamping needs.

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

Correction
That's £4.99 for Four.

Seem pretty robust, we'll see how they do.

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

On 5 Dec 2018 at 9:23, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote:

> Seem pretty robust, we'll see how they do.

I bought something similar a few years ago but they soon broke. The
problem was the internal ratchet mechanism, which was quite flimsy.

They may be ok, but don't clamp them up too tight.

--
Sail when you can, row when you must, motor only
when you have to be at work in the morning.

Alastair Law

momist momist

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

I too got some of these a few years ago.  Agree they are a bit feeble, but OK for some jobs.  The best use I put them to is to move the passive end to the other end of the bar, and they can then be used for pressing things apart.  Not many clamps can do that!

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

I've also found that clamping pressure is the main problem with cheap plastic clamps.

I tend to use them for thin ply - but soon abandon them and switch to metal screw clamps.

Paul
philoxuk philoxuk

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

> ALDI,  For all your fiddly clamping needs.

I hear Waitrose had some superior clamps...

;-)

Phil.

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

Waitrose don't do clamps as such, they provide a service where a bloke comes round and holds it while you hit it. 😁

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- philoxuk [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote ----

> ALDI,  For all your fiddly clamping needs.

I hear Waitrose had some superior clamps...

;-)

Phil.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Clamps-Clamps-Clamps-tp4030869p4030874.html
To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Re: Clamps Clamps Clamps.

Of course we all know that clamps only need to be finger tight when using Epoxy, any tighter and you run the risk of starving the joint. Not much risk with my gaps :)

Sometimes you just need a third hand.
Getting There.