Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27 2013

12

Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27 2013

This post was updated on .
Who's going to Cobnor then?
I aim to be there as much of the time as possible, though as usual if it rains I might scamper back to the comfort of my own bed of a night....

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

On 23 Jul 2013 at 13:37, Chris Partridge [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote:

> Who's going to Cobnor then?
> I aim to be there as much of the time as possible, though as usual if
> it rains I might scamper back to the comfort of my own bed of a
> night....

I plan to be afloat all week, though I may drift off for a
mini-cruise for some of the time.

--
Hoping for calm nights

Alastair Law,

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

I'm planning to come along, I won't be there for the entire duration, maybe the weekday bits in the middle. And of course like you I can pop back and forward to suit the weather. I'm sure that's not the DCA/HBBR way but sod standing in a rain-soaked field thinking of more ways to modify Wayne's boat.

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

I have to leave Wednesday because of a business flight the next day - so hopefully I can arrive Friday to make the most of the week.

However the big issue is getting MilliBee ready! (which may not happen)

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Actually hope to make it myself this year. Can't do the whole event so will look to see when others are there and try to coincide.

Tim.

Gizzle Gizzle

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Sadly, through poor holiday planning, we are probably going to have to miss it this year....

Sorry chaps.

George.
Wayne Oliver Wayne Oliver

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Can't wait!
I am Hopeful to be there for every single second possible.
Might not have full crew from bank holiday weekend on though!

Are we on springs this year?
Wayne

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Crewing on Ever Hopeful is one of the highlights of Cobnor as far as I am concerned and I'm sure you will have lots of other volunteers!

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Being, as yet, ill eqipped with boats suited to coastal sailing I'd also appreciate any crewing opportunities that may be on offer!

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

I see the odd pear-shaped shadow

But still hope to be there from the 17th until the end of play on Saturday 24th.  Camping and bringing 'Polly Wee'.

Just possible little 'Rosie Mae' might be there as well, looking for a new owner:

CW
Steve Brown Steve Brown

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Hi Timmo,

              Hope you are well.
I fancy going to Cobnor for a few days and taking Penny.
However, im not sure I have the confidence to sail her in coastal waters.
Maybe, if I could join you on the days you're there I could crew Penny for you sometimes?

All the best,
Steve

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

It'll be great to see you there Steve. Cobnor is well within Chichester Harbour so it is well sheltered.

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Hi Steve

Sounds good to me, hope the days I can be there fit for you. Currently planning on going down Tuesday morning and hoping to hang around till Thursday afternoon, not sure I can stay till Friday, there will be things stacking up!

Does that work for you?

Plan on taking Ardilla down (if I get her varnish patched in time!) but will be a bit cautious with her, she's not well suited to open waters so I would be delighted to sail Penny with you.

Tim.

On 11 Aug 2013, at 18:45, Steve Brown [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote:

Hi Timmo,

              Hope you are well.
I fancy going to Cobnor for a few days and taking Penny.
However, im not sure I have the confidence to sail her in coastal waters.
Maybe, if I could join you on the days you're there I could crew Penny for you sometimes?

All the best,
Steve

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Cobnor-Sat-Aug-17-to-Tues-Aug-27-tp4026750p4026815.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Steve,

MilliBee won't be ready in time and I have to leave Wednesday evening, so I might not bother taking Tigger.

I know my way around Cobnor and Chichester Harbour so I could crew for you and show you the ropes, many others will help you out I'm sure.

Does Penny have any sort of reefing? Best to sort it out before you go, but there will be decades of experience on hand.

Bring lots of rope...ah you'll need a small anchor also.

Also crewing on Ever Hopeful is an experience not to be missed!

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Timmo,

What is Ardilla's beam?  If she is bigger than a Mirror you should be ok.

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Hi all,
It now looks as though I won't get to Cobnor much before Monday evening, I then plan to stay for as long as my brownie points last, possibly nipping home and back over the week-end.
I'd be happy to crew for you later in the week Steve.

Dell Quay for a Pint or Emsworth for Cream Cakes, see which way the wind blows.

Anybody know what the tides are doing that week?

Cheers
Graham.

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Ardilla's beam is a bit less than a Mirror and also she's quite tender and fine bowed (she's a rowing skiff at heart.) Sailed her on open tidal water in Britany a few years ago and she was definitely hairy when it got choppy. Was OK on the non tidal big waters in the Netherlands though so it will really depend on water conditions at the time. Will be easier to judge when I've seen the water. Over 40 years since I sailed round Hayling Island!

Looking forward to it!

Tim.

On 11 Aug 2013, at 21:57, Paul (admin) [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote:

What is Ardilla's beam?  If she is bigger than a Mirror you should be ok.

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

If I am reading the tables aright, tides start off moderate

Saturday 17th - HW 08.30 (4.1 m) ;  LW 14.10

Going to springs on

Wednesday 21st - HW 12.20 (5.0 m) ;  LW 17.35

And reducing again to

Monday 26th - LW 08.45 ;  HW 15.50 (4.6 m) ;  Bank Holiday

Mmmmmm, Cobnor!

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

So by the time I get there on Tuesday, and assuming the usual leisurely start,  It'll be Dell Quay for a pint (again).
Steve Brown Steve Brown

Re: Cobnor, Sat Aug 17 to Tues Aug 27

Hi Timmo,
               Thanks for the reply. Tuesday to Thursday/Friday sounds ok to me.
Hope to arrive around 9am Tuesday, if that's ok?
Looking forward to seeing you all again.
Cheers,
Steve
12