Deleted posts?

Just got an email message saying some of my posts were deleted.

Was this done by HBBR moderators, or was it done by Nabble without reference to the aforesaid moderators?

Either way, does someone, somewhere, archive these things?
(I have an archive of the digests, but of course those don't contain the full posts)

Simon

Re: Deleted posts?

It was me Simon (accidentally). Tom asked me to thin down his posts, but the editing turned out to be a bit more brutal than I expected - we live and learn.

After removing Tom's duplicate post your reply got removed also. Unfortunately its not possible to delete a post but leave the replies in place. I checked for replies but obviously missed yours - sorry. There is no Undo either, so perhaps I should have left things alone.

Attach the digests here and I'll see if I can piece things together again.

-Paul

PS In hindsight I should have moved the duplicate posts to a hidden area, or similar.

Re: Deleted posts?

Hi,
Paul (admin) wrote
Attach the digests here and I'll see if I can piece things together again.
PS In hindsight I should have moved the duplicate posts to a hidden area, or similar.
You're right. As you discovered, deleting any post also removes any replies, so moving is always safer than deletion.

However, rather than moving to a hidden area you should use Thread view. This is a powerful tool in a case like this. It makes it easy to discover who has responded to the original and who to the duplicate. All that should be needed is moving all replies to the original topic and then deleting the duplicate topic (which by that stage has no replies).

Re: Deleted posts?

Not a problem, I'll email you what Nabble sent me. And the posts were not that desperately important anyway.

(I was a bit worried that Nabble were deleting posts without your agreement. I've just had Demon start going through my email boxes deleting all old mail! To be fair, they did warn that would be their new policy)

Cheers
Simon