First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

I used to have about 25 photos of MilliBee at the very first meeting in 2006, on my Virgin Media web page. But Virgin Media stopped personal web pages earlier this year and, drum roll, the photos have been deleted and FTP turned off.

I managed to recover the first page from an Internet archive site. So I at least have all the building photos, but unfortunately none of her launch.

I've searched this forum, the old Yahoo forum and the old Wordpress forum. I found just 1  photo of MilliBee

I'd appreciate copies any old photos of MilliBee that you have, either by email or uploading them here.

Many thanks

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

There's nothing quite like a trip down memory lane on a cold dreich Sunday Afternoon.
I don't have any photos of the first ever HBBR meet at Cotswold Water Park, but I do have some of the meet in 2007 and, here they are! Paul I'll send you the originals of Millibee.

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

IIRC, the chap from Scotland that had that super photo site must have had some great photos from that first meet.  I know he took some photos of my first prototype electric drive there, as they were published in Watercraft, IIRC.

I know he took his website down, because people were stealing his photos and using them , but I bet he still has loads of them in his archive.  I haven't heard from in years, and don't have any contact details, but maybe someone else has.  It's possible that Watercraft may have some photos as well, I think.

At the time I only popped over for a couple of hours, as we were on holiday in a cabin on one of the adjacent lakes, and sadly I didn't bring a camera over with me.

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

Thanks to Pete (Watercraft), Chris, the chap who took lots of photos at that Cotswold Water Park meet, has been found!

I had this email from Pete:

Guilty as charged, currently down south for the winter (SWMBO thinks we have to 'enjoy' a family christmas so insists!). There are advantages tho' like acceptable broadband speeds that we can't even dream about in the wilderness so had a quick dip into the HBBR forum to get the back story (I can't access it at home - some few years ago after waiting 15 min for a page to load and having the connection drop out repeatedly I gave up on it) I probably still have the snaps I took on my archive HDD but won't be able to retrieve them till I get back probably mid/late Feb.

There was some chat at Beale on the friday about an anniversary return to the Cotswolds to mark the ten years but since I heard nothing more I presumed it didn't progress. pity as it's the sort of incentive I need to finish the sliding rig skiff that has been languishing in the shed for far too many years.

Have a good break and all the best for next year - Hoping my plans for Beale don't go belly up next year like they did this year!
So, with luck, Paul, you may get some photos when Chris gets back north in the spring.

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

Hard to believe it is ten years.
Media star Paul being interviewed

My first home-built boat, Nessy.

Wayne with Ever Hopeful

Weekender

Peter and Lata Nobes.

Whose Whilly Tern was this?

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

Chris Partridge wrote
Hard to believe it is ten years
I agree. Chris (North) suggested a 10 year celebratory meet at the same location.
There are lots of happy memories, and epic mistakes and escapes to recall.
Who likes the idea?

#HBBR10

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

Rummaged in my archives, only one pic of Millibee at the Cotswolds meets (2009)

A couple from the first Thames Raid...

And one other memory to offer...

I'd be up for a reunion at the Cotswolds.

Merry Christmas to all. Hope Santa brings you all you hoped for.

Tim.

On 24 Dec 2016, at 11:46, Paul (admin) [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Chris Partridge wrote
Hard to believe it is ten years
I agree. Chris (North) suggested a 10 year celebratory meet at the same location.
There are lots of happy memories, and epic mistakes and escapes to recall.
Who likes the idea?

#HBBR10

-Paul
Sail when you can, motor when you can't.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/First-HBBR-meet-Cirencester-2006-Any-photos-tp4029870p4029879.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

David Bewick David Bewick

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

I found a couple of pics from the first meet:

Most of the ones I have are of my old boat "Puffin", though - I think I must have given my good lady wife clear instructions to get some good shots for posterity (not that she usually does what I say, of course).

Best regards,

David.

Re: First HBBR meet, Cirencester 2006. Any photos?

Blimey doesn't everyone look young!
Talking of which, the man with the Video Camera and Tripod standing in front of Paul and Millibee in the first of CP's photos is none other than Graham Young who was filming us builders for the Home Building DVD he and Alec Jordan produced.
So there is bound to be some footage of Millibee around somewhere. I have a copy stashed away, I may dig it out and cringe at my embarrassing monosyllabic contribution.
Christmas telly is rubbish anyway.