Flat packed launching trolley

It's not perfect, nor is it galvanised. But you could not build it cheaper; its adjustable in length and it collapses down to fit in a car boot. Suitable for a Mirror perhaps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371492725135

Re: Flat packed launching trolley

Many years ago my brother built an excellent launching trolley, for
his Minisail, from 2 inch drain pipe. It was assembled with the
appropriate fittings then the whole thing was locked together, and
stiffened, by a rope that ran right through the whole thing.
Dismantled, all the bits were held together by the loose rope, much
like some modern tent poles.

--
Sail when you can, row when you must, motor only
when you have to be at work in the morning.

Alastair Law

Re: Flat packed launching trolley

I don't know if it's an effect of the camera

But it looks awfully long and narrow?

Re: Flat packed launching trolley

Chris Waite wrote
I don't know if it's an effect of the camera

But it looks awfully long and narrow?
The 3-way adjustable arm is shown at its longest length. I agree the camera lens distortion gives a bad impression.

Designed for normal shipping, it breaks down into parts no longer than 1.2m:

Assuming the longest section is 1.2m it looks like the axle is also 1.2m long. I just measured my Mirror dinghy road trailer and 1.2m should fit inside the mudguards.......but it would need extra support to stop the trolley twisting.

-Paul