Free Boats. Winter Projects

If anyone fancies a winter project or two the latest edition of Scull Pole and Paddle, the journal of the Thames Traditional Boat Society, is advertising a couple of giveaways.
I quote;

FOR SALE,
Free to a good home, 16ft Salterns skiff hull in GRP. Needs refinishing and all woodwork.
Location Henley contact ian@the-petries.co.uk

FOR SALE
Clinker-built wooden rowing boat (and Trailer) currently moored upper Thames,
Length 13'6" width 3'6"
The boat had new oak ribs/gunwale c2 years ago but needs work in other areas (hence the price)
Price; Free to a good home.
Please contact Andrew, at@andrewtownsend.co.uk  or tel 07970 429559.

Go on you know you want to!
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Boats. Winter Projects

Hi,
Definitely interested in the skiff, and only just down the road in Henley.

Steve

Re: Free Boats. Winter Projects

I'd be interested in the Salter... Could be a Great River Race contender.
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Boats. Winter Projects

Hi Chris,
Over to you, it's just that bit too big for a project for me.
Can I have a go when it's finished?

I am going to fix this up instead, beware the Moth-man cometh!
Steve