Free Eleven plus dinghy.

12
LASER41420 LASER41420

Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi,

As promised on the Thames raid here is the 11+ dinghy that is looking for a new home. I was going to use it as the start of a raiding dinghy project but I could not get workshop space at the time and the Mermaid is now firmly established in that role.

The hull is sound with the decks still in reasonable condition, I have the wooden mast for it, rudder and centerboard.

No fittings or sails. Free to a good home if anyone can collect from TW15 1AQ.

Steve

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi ,just seen your ad , very interested, I am picking up an 11plus next week that I think may have seepage probs, but is complete, may I contact you next week if still available. Yours looks in very good nick for an old boat.do you know its history?    Frank
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
It was purchased from ebay by a boat restorer who sanded it off and primed the hull before concluding that he would not be able to make any money
from the project. He then passed it on to me. I have what appears to be a beatifically built hull, mast, boom, rudder and centreboard, no sails.
It's on my front drive a TW15 1AQ if you are interested.
Steve

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi , do you still have the. 11plus?  I am travelling to TW tomorrow A m , would it be possible to call in ?
Regards. Frank
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
Yes it is still on my front drive, postcode TW15 1AQ.
Give me a call if you like on 01932 723542
Steve

Hi , do you still have the. 11plus?  I am travelling to TW tomorrow A m , would it be possible to call in ?
Regards. Frank

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Free-Eleven-plus-dinghy-tp4027724p4028989.html
To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Steve ,can I collect today,Sunday?
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
Yes definitely, when would you be able to come?
Please give me a call on 01784 251288 to arrange a time.
Steve

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

LASER41420 LASER41420

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Steve, back home safely,started stripping fittings off the other boat. Did a water test ,and have small amount of drippage seems to be mostly where keel banding fits, will fit back using sikaflex or similar plus screws. Maybe a bead of epoxy inside along the hog .  thanks once again.
Regards frank.
Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Steve,
Well its mostly watertight!  Couple of strips epoxy right up in the bows should do it started varnishing , and attaching metalwork ...coming together
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
Glad to hear you are making progress, don't forget the pictures!
Steve

Well its mostly watertight!  Couple of strips epoxy right up in the bows should do it started varnishing , and attaching metalwork ...coming together

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Free-Eleven-plus-dinghy-tp4027724p4029007.html

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

All metal work on ,except for keel banding,
Quick coat of varnish for protection added , now waterproof on inside ,epoxy filleted along main hog.
Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

1437345049705-338567045.jpg

Should be a pic of half painted boat...
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
Looking good.
Steve

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Even nearer launch date.
Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

That's a very tall mast ,and very odd fitment to the deck socket.apparently the mast is meant to swivel with the boom!
According to my sources it is also meant to be jacked up or down to tension the shrouds.
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi Frank,
Is it not the same system on your ebay boat?
Steve

That's a very tall mast ,and very odd fitment to the deck socket.apparently the mast is meant to swivel with the boom!
According to my sources it is also meant to be jacked up or down to tension the shrouds.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Free-Eleven-plus-dinghy-tp4027724p4029037.html

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

No ,the eBay boat,called"BOOPS" by the previous owners, has one conventional rectangular plate screwed to the foredeck, similar to those in many dinghies ,solo, included.I intend to source another and place it in the forward mast position with a corresponding set of shroud anchor points........providing , that is I can make the hull sound!
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

Hi,
Ok, have you tried the CVRDA? I think at least one member owns an 11+
Steve

No ,the eBay boat,called"BOOPS" by the previous owners, has one conventional rectangular plate screwed to the foredeck, similar to those in many dinghies ,solo, included.I intend to source another and place it in the forward mast position with a corresponding set of shroud anchor points........providing , that is I can make the hull sound!

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Free-Eleven-plus-dinghy-tp4027724p4029039.html

To start a new topic under For Sale/Wanted/Recycling, email [hidden email]

Frank Frank

Re: Free Eleven plus dinghy.

It may have been a good idea to replace the main halyard BEFORE it broke!  My hindsight is 20/20 .boat sails well tho
12