Gartside skiff

Nice little skiff written up in Classic Boat (and they've been kind enough to put a write-up on the web - http://www.classicboat.co.uk/bob/)

Simon

Re: Gartside skiff

You can also read more about it and follow builder Adrian Morgan's work on his excellent blog.

http://thetroublewitholdboats.blogspot.co.uk/

Adrian is a close neighbour of Chris Perkins, he used to be steadfastly traditional in his methods, having no truck with epoxy or ply. Maybe Chris' influence has rubbed off as Adrian has recently made forays over to the dark side, and is actually getting quite experimental in his choice of materials as this build shows. See also his recent build of a plywood Francois  Vivier Ilur glued together with Collano.
Peter Nobes Peter Nobes

Re: Gartside skiff

I got some samples of the Vendia wood.  It's got a lovely grain but was a little too pale for what I wanted.  I just had another look at their website and it seems they've gone bust.
http://www.vendia.fi/vendia-marine-plank

On 5 September 2015 at 19:27, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can also read more about it and follow builder Adrian Morgan's work on his excellent blog.

http://thetroublewitholdboats.blogspot.co.uk/

Adrian is a close neighbour of Chris Perkins, he used to be steadfastly traditional in his methods, having no truck with epoxy or ply. Maybe Chris' influence has rubbed off as Adrian has recently made forays over to the dark side, and is actually getting quite experimental in his choice of materials as this build shows. See also his recent build of a plywood Francois  Vivier Ilur glued together with Collano.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Gartside-skiff-tp4029077p4029078.html
To start a new topic under Gallery, email [hidden email]

Peter Nobes
Teacher of the Alexander Technique
London UK
www.alexandertech.co.uk