Half a model boat - free

Alan Alan

Half a model boat - free

Anyone want a skin-on-frame keelboat? 34" x 9.5". It started as a little experiment in skin-on-frame so I carried on and made a keel using a sash weight as ballast. The keel is bolt on and removable. Deck beams fitted and deck started but I've decided that finishing a gaff cutter is a lot of work. The model floats nicely at a reasonable waterline and trim with its 2.8kg ballast, but is not quite straight as I threw it together without a jig.
Free if picked up from West Wickham (NW Kent/SE London) or I could consider posting.

PS. Watertight as long as gasket or mastic used at keel joint, skin tough and flexible.