Hello Folks

inwe inwe

Hello Folks

Finally found the problem with the 'Elf' steering, had to redesign the rudder so that the boat didn't stall when going through the wind. The new rudder now hinges in a more vertical manner.
The Caledonian Yawl is coming on slowly, the hull is the right way up and I have just stated he spars. Ouch the main is just under 19feet long from 4inch stock-- good exercise! It is the decked version lots of storage space and an outboard well.
See you at Beale and not with a boat!

Re: Hello Folks

Hi Richard, welcome back to the Forum.
Glad to hear the CY is coming along and you've gone public, please
post some photos of progress.
Plenty of space on the Thames Trip for another one. Remember those misty moisty mornings when all you could hear was the sound of bird scarers and deflating airbeds?

See you at Beale if not before.
Grum.

inwe inwe

Re: Hello Folks

Thanks Graham. Yes I remember those mornings also the visits to the rivers edges because you couldn't see forward. Anyway I haven't got mirrors on mark two.