Hello - Officially, and boat name.

The Old Trout The Old Trout

Hello - Officially, and boat name.

Hello everyone

I have always liked boats - and have dabbled with various boaty things over the years, but never seriously, and have made absolutely no boating achievement of any kind.

I am a reader of Watercraft, but being the type who cannot put shelves up, shudder to think what my home made boat would look like!  The dreaming will continue without prospect of action due to lack of space, cash, and other demands for my time.

Fortunately, everlasting fibreglass boats are available at any budget, and they satisfy my need for boating pleasure.  I am really looking forward to more messing about in boats this summer, kicking off with the cruise to Beale Park.  I am excited already.

My girlfriend and I currently have the following:

Birchwood 25 - Lady Emerald
Yorkshire Pebble - Little Handfull
Burke Anglers Fancy - The Old Trout
Browns Boats of Durham 21' cedar strip and 1/8 ply sliding seat single scull - No name.
Four polythene Kayaks - two decked and two sit on top  - No names.

Lady Emerald and the sculling boat are projects.  The sculling boat was an ebay bargain.
I have owned The Old Trout for a few years and really like her, but she is too small to sleep in.
I have recently purchased the, only slightly longer, but much beamier, Little Handfull with camp cruising adventure in mind.

Little Handfull is the only boat I have ever bought, whose name I may be tempted to change.  She is quite a caricature of a boat, so a funny name may suit.  Any suggestions for a Yorkshire Pebble?

Thank you for admitting me to your "disorganisation" and I look forward to meeting this summertime.

Nic.

The Old Trout The Old Trout

Re: Hello - Officially, and boat name.

Sorry Mr Administrator.

This was supposed to be under "Introduce Yourself".

Could you move it please?

Thank you.

Nic.