How to post a photo by tablet??

Nesting Ray. Nesting Ray.

How to post a photo by tablet??

Hello all.
Sorry to be a pain, but l have been trying to post a photo of my beginnings of building my little boat, but all l can get up is the file number and babble things. I do not profess to be adept in things computer and l am only using a basic tablet ( not an apple iPad thingy ). Can anyone out there assist in layman's terms, l will be eternally grateful.  Ray

Re: How to post a photo by tablet??

Hi Ray,
I can't remember if you've posted any photos from your computer before, if so apologies for what comes next.

Once you have selected "Insert Image" and then selected e.g. "None and Medium," then selected "Choose File"  selected the appropriate photo from your collection and then hit "Insert Image",

The message will show you the HTML code a bit like this;
(nabble_img src="PICT0005_(2).jpg" border="0"/)
but with chevrons instead of brackets.

If you hit the "Preview Message" button below the message box you should see your photo the way it'll be shown in the post.

Now hit "Post Message".
If that doesn't work our administrator will be out from underneath Millibee in a couple of months. He may be able to help.
Cheers and good luck
Graham

Re: How to post a photo by tablet??

Hi Graham,

No complaints about your help on inserting images bar one - selecting "None" (for the float instruction) plus I have another another caveat...

"None" places the image in line with any text (i.e. a bit like a single giant letter) and can make controlling the flow of images and text very difficult to control (especially on the many different sizes of screen/window that folks will be viewing the forum at) unless you hit the carriage return key (or its tablet equivalent a couple of times) before and after inserting the image.

Better therefore to use the "Center" option. As well as centring the image this will force the image onto a new line and any text that follows onto a new line as well. I makes it much easier to know how things will turn out without checking using the "Preview" facility.

Another possible factor in the struggle to upload may be file size. The last time help was published on file uploads on Nabble's support site, it said that the maximum file size for an image upload was 1Mb. Even cheap modern smartphones and tablets may exceed that limit. If that limit still applies users will need to edit the image within their tablet or phone to reduce file size before attempting upload, or they'll wait a long time for it to upload only for a dialogue to appear saying the file is too big to process.

(The maximum for files uploaded - through the "More > Upload a file" menu option remains at 5Mb. I know I tried that the other day on another Nabble forum!)

It's not pinned, so my Image Posting Guide is now rather lost in the depths of the forum.
Nesting Ray. Nesting Ray.

Re: How to post a photo by tablet??

Cheers lads. Will give it a try. Here goes.

Has it worked, we will see.
momist momist

Re: How to post a photo by tablet??

Yes, that worked.  If I stand sideways, I see your plywood.

Re: How to post a photo by tablet??

Thanks Greg, was trying to keep it simple.
Well Done Ray,

Mmmmmm Nice Ply.