I have decided to get rid of Inwe minus its trailer of course. If I can't sell her she will be scrapped. I need the space and must heed the good ladies requirement ! Inwe, for those who don't know is a stretched Iain Oughtred Elf. She is 17ft in length with the configuration to sail as either a single sprit or the sprit and a fore sail. She is NOT an Elfin. Any takers either email me or phone 07747637092.
It is a rule of boating, as in cycling, that the optimum number of boats/bikes a person should posses is n+1
n being the number currently owned.
However if external pressures and domestic harmony require you break this rule to make room for future projects so be it.
I would strongly council putting Inwe on the market with a trailer beneath her. Selling boats with no trailer is very difficult.
She is far too good to break up, and I'm sure there is someone who would love to take her on.
Currently, domestic harmony is dictating that I have at least n+1 boats too many. I'm sorely tempted by Inwe, but would have to delete two boats from the fleet to be allowed to acquire another, I fear............
Thanks Graham for the advice even tho it would put £1K to any price. Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeremy.
Worst case scenario I recover all the bits and cut the rest! But I really do want the new build and one can't happen without the other.
Surely eBay is the answer? Even a few hundred pounds is better than nothing and much better than scrapping a lovely boat. There are people like me out there who pay £2000 for their "perfect" boat and then put it back on eBay after a few voyages.
I'm going to have to sell the CLC Kayak. The landlady of my rented barn space has just died. Ouch having to find lots of space and get rid of a lot of stuff. Now up to two boats. Any one want to buy a 17' CLC Shearwater kayak? £400 ovno.?
Kind of changed my mind. Kate's booked a holiday in the Lakes next year (part of the shenanigins to celebrate a significant birthday year)... a house with a jetty on Lake Windermere! Plan is the kids and their other halves visit with us to see
where we used to live,
So I decided Ardilla would be te parfect boat to have on Windermere for a week. Sale postponed till after that trip!
She'll be back on the market sometime later 2019.
On 26 Oct 2018, at 17:30, inwe [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you manage to sell yours?
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: