Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

Osbert Osbert

Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

But I've set up a FriendsConnect account, am following the blog AND signed in!

???

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

That's because the forum is hosted by Nabble, and is not affected by being a follower of the blog. It seems that just creating a username at Nabble does not make you "registered" with them.

Click on your username towards the top of the embedded forum section of the page and you'll see a prompt that tells you of the benefits of registering, e.g. it allows you to get email notifications, and, as I have discovered, add an avatar to your account.
Forthsailoar Forthsailoar

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

Hi Greg

I'm also Osbert! I'm now registered, but I think I've found a major flaw in what otherwise looks like a good solution: One can't select to have all posts sent to you via email - ie to use this as an email list (I would expect to see this in one of the settings menu, but it's not). You can however choose to have the posts in a particular thread emailed.

Cheers

Osbert

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

I'm Paul (paulh_boats on Yahoo) and I'm the Adminstrator. So I will check to see if admins have special control over email formats.

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

It invites you to subscribe to an individual thread if you select the option from a thread.

Return to the main form screen and select the option from there. Then your choices are on selecting to get emails for the entire forum.

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

adminHBBR wrote
I will check to see if admins have special control over email formats.
I have logged a query on this on the main Nabble support forum.
Forthsailoar Forthsailoar

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

Thanks, done that.

So you have to:
1) subscribe to a thread, and then the option becomes visible to
2) get all messages by email? (with extra options)

Cheers

Osbert

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

Hi Osbert,

On 24 Sep 10 16:27 "Forthsailoar [via HBBR]"
<ml-node+1574684-1751342063-217419@n3.nabble.com> said:
> So you have to:
> 1) subscribe to a thread, and then the option becomes visible to
> 2) get all messages by email? (with extra options)

No! I don't think that's it. I guessing slightly but believe that the subscription offered is for the level that you are currently at. i.e.

Go to the [Options] menu in a particular thread and you get offered a subscription for that thread.

Go to the [Options] menu in a particular folder (e.g. Members Gallery) and you get offered a subscription for all threads in that folder.

Go to the [Options] menu in root forum and you get offered a subscription for all threads in the entire forum.

Re: Keeps saying I'm not a registered user

That's a good summary Greg - useful in a FAQ if we adopt this kind of package.