Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

1234 ... 9
AdrianG AdrianG

Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Hello me hearties

As far as I'm aware, the Beale Park Boat Show will be on the 5th to the 7th June in 2015.
We seem to be getting the hang of the Thames Lechlade to Beale trip, with some understanding of where to stop, eat and drink and, importantly, where not to! Are we game for another go? Perhaps arriving at the Trout at Lechlade on the preceding Saturday (not yet sure if that's the weekend of the OGA. 'T'would be nice if it was.) for a Sunday departure? Then arriving at Beale with fanfare and applause (if only from Christine) on the Friday.

This message does not imply that I shall be organising anything, of course, but I daresay matters will be resolved as required by a little bit of joint effort.  Are we game?

Kind regards
Adrian

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

May not make the first day, daughter's getting married on the Saturday and diplomacy requires that I don't disappear immediately on the Sunday morning. But would like to join in from Monday onwards.

Also not a position to organise, the wedding is consuming any appetite I have for organising anything, and it's still 8 months away!

Tim.

On 25 Oct 2014, at 13:29, AdrianG [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello me hearties

As far as I'm aware, the Beale Park Boat Show will be on the 5th to the 7th June in 2015.
We seem to be getting the hang of the Thames Lechlade to Beale trip, with some understanding of where to stop, eat and drink and, importantly, where not to! Are we game for another go? Perhaps arriving at the Trout at Lechlade on the preceding Saturday (not yet sure if that's the weekend of the OGA. 'T'would be nice if it was.) for a Sunday departure? Then arriving at Beale with fanfare and applause (if only from Christine) on the Friday.

This message does not imply that I shall be organising anything, of course, but I daresay matters will be resolved as required by a little bit of joint effort.  Are we game?

Kind regards
Adrian

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Lechlade-to-Beale-Park-2015-tp4027917.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Defo early start, Saturday afternoon if possible.  3pm?

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Well done that man for not volunteering to organise next year's Thames Raid.
I'll send you all the contact details you won't need.
Yes I do believe that is the weekend the old gaffers are planning to meet at Lechlade.
I would love to join you, but can only give a tentative, as Mum might need some company at that time.
Cheers
Graham.

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Lovely

It's in my diary, or would be if I had one and don't worry TimmO, the rate you go, you'll probably catch up with the rest of us much after the first bend, even if you do start two days late -

Tim’s canoe is clinker and white
And goes rather faster than light
If he sets off one day
In a relative way
He’ll arrive on the previous night

While people aren't volunteering to organize, I may I suggest it be a camper not a floater, as those of us who rarely deign to step ashore unless it’s for a lock paddle, or pub....

Just don't give a toss, do we?

Self-centred old goats

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

I'm up for that too. My lock-keeper's punt will finally get back on the Thames where she was born.
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Hi,
Count me in too, sounds like a perfect 1st cruise for the row-canoe raider.
Steve
John P John P

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Josephine and John would like to come. We had originally ruled this out thinking that it would clash with Semaine du Golfe, which we have already booked for. I have just now realised that Semaine du Golfe is earlier than usual in 2015, so no clash.

I have been meaning to build a rowing boat for years now, another Thames row would provide an incentive to actually get on with that, and a dead line! If I can make the row boat in time then what we might do is attend SduG in our sailing dinghy, then return to UK leaving the dinghy in a marina or boatyard in France, tidy the garden, do the Thames trip and Beale Park with the rowing boat which should be ideal for the purpose, then go back to France as foot passengers and sail south from the Morbihan for a while, then either sail all the way home or return to Plymouth to get the car and take our new demountable and roof rackable boat trailer to collect the boat from whereever it happens to end up.

John
Randonneur Randonneur

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM, AdrianG [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello me hearties

As far as I'm aware, the Beale Park Boat Show will be on the 5th to the 7th June in 2015.

By the wonders of social media, I've been alerted to the following message posted this afternoon.
"Stately Solutions will not be running this event in 2015 - please contact Beale Park direct on 0844 826 1761 for further information."

Whether that means someone else is, or not, is open to interpretation :-?

What can I say...

PP

Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Just got off the phone from a nice chap who said there WILL be a Beale Park Show this year, first week of June. Final decision about who organises it will be on Monday.

So that means a nice, gentle, leisurely trip (drift) down the Thames from the Trout Inn near Lechlade, sunny weather has been booked.

Sunday 31st May to Saturday 6th June [dates tbc] suits me, maximising the time taken by dutifully supporting local business (pubs and cafe's) recovering from the recession.

Also will do a reccy this weekend to the Cotswold Water Park with Dilys for a nice walk and picnic/pub lunch. Maybe the lake we visited can do us a better deal.

Another future reccy will be to the sailing club I belong to on the Severn, but never visited last year due to bad health. They have plenty of camping space next to the QUIET pub and as long as it does not clash with other events they would like to see us. The clubhouse has all the facilities we would want. Just have to keep the slipway clear during Sunday racing (11 to 1 I think).

-Paul
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Hi,
Anyone remember these girls from last year?
Sponsorship from a brewery struck me as an excellent idea, though when I asked they did not have any beer. Perhaps Adnams could be persuaded to provide a few crates of broadside to keep us going during those long hot summer days. Anyone think it is worth a try?
Steve

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

I drove down to the Trent Inn with Dilys for lunch - a personal triumph after RA and now a nasty back strain, which is taking several months to recover. So I can definitely join the Thames Raid with MilliBee  - anyone else?

The water is high with a strong flow, see the eddies around the bridge supports:

The field is now full of several dozen river boats (an astronomically high tide perhaps?). They are packed in like sardines, on wooden blocks with support jacks:

The slipway is still busy. Notice the yellow boat on the right, which hasn't moved for ages.

The food and bitter have been suitably approved.
-Paul
AdrianG AdrianG

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, Paul, and it will good to see you and MilliBee on the water. But pray tell, why this duplicate thread?
(initial Lechlade to Beale Park 2015 thread at http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Lechlade-to-Beale-Park-2015-td4027917.html)

Kind regards
Adrian

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Ooops. Probably got confused over the change of organisation - didn't get a call today from the chap who said the final decision about who organises the show would be made today.

Don't worry about the topic duplication...I'll tinkle the ivories with a touch of magic to fix it.

-Paul

Chris Adeney Chris Adeney

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

I hope to be able to join the trip down the Thames again this year. I am not sure what boat I will be in as at the moment I am heavily involved in the restoration of my small (16ft) wooden two berth 1930's sailing boat. I would like to use it if it were finished but it is not really a "home built boat". Chris A.

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Plenty of precedents for 'renovated' boats being very welcome at HBBR events!

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Feb 2015, at 07:02, Chris Adeney [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I hope to be able to join the trip down the Thames again this year. I am not sure what boat I will be in as at the moment I am heavily involved in the restoration of my small (16ft) wooden two berth 1930's sailing boat. I would like to use it if it were finished but it is not really a "home built boat". Chris A.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Lechlade-to-Beale-Park-2015-tp4027917p4028448.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]
Randonneur Randonneur

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Chris Adeney [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hope to be able to join the trip down the Thames again this year. I am not sure what boat I will be in as at the moment I am heavily involved in the restoration of my small (16ft) wooden two berth 1930's sailing boat. I would like to use it if it were finished but it is not really a "home built boat". Chris A.

That sounds great Chris. Is the Broads pop top cruiser?

PP

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

I will be bringing my restored Hampshire punt, Chris so perhaps we can form the UK Home Boat Restorers Rally for the trip.
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

Hi,
Hopefully using my newly built row-canoe otherwise my restored Mermaid will be making another trip.
Seem to recall we had an old GP14 last year.
Steve

Re: Lechlade to Beale Park 2015

I'd love to see a picture Chris; in whatever state

Sounds more like a boat for the DCA (cum HBBR) camping week in Chichester this 14-27th August (and every year, during the same month).  I know, I know - that's not a week.

Well this year is a celebration of fifty DCA years, or something, so we can all BOGOF

The smaller week half-price anyway

Cheap at twice the price?

Christo the W
1234 ... 9