Lovely Little Lugger for Sale

The time has come and little 'ROSIE MAE' will appear advertised for sale in the DCA magazine 'Dinghy Cruising' due out this weekend, as follows:

FOR SALE:  Balance-lug day-boat,  'Rosie Mae'   length 10 foot 4 inches; beam 4 foot 6 inches:

This was the Minister of the Interior’s boat, but arthritis has stopped her partaking and I keep adding to the fleet.

Simple, stable, sturdy; round-bilge, generous foredeck and coaming.  Trolley and cover.

Composite construction – a GRP shell completed in epoxied plywood with built in buoyancy/storage fore and aft and finished in two-part polyurethane.  Her unstayed rig can be up from scratch ready to go in 5 and she has a pivoting centreboard and rudder blade for ease in the shallows.

While a useful single-hander, she can manage even three adults and has a removable thwart, allowing two to lie out on the floorboards.

She’s been in the family for most of 20 years and we’ve had some terrific adventures; everything from being stoned by locals in the Middle East to sail and oar, camp-aboard cruising down the Thames.  She was awarded the Solent Area DCA, Alan Earl Tankard for rounding Hayling in 2011.

Say £750 ?

So, for putting up with my nonsense, you guys get "First Dibs" if anyone has a hankering

Re: Lovely Little Lugger for Sale

Chris,

I'm tempted but she is probably too heavy for me in my current condition.

Re: Lovely Little Lugger for Sale

Just for the record -

The little lugger 'Rosie Mae' has been sold and went to Gillingham in Kent just this last weekend, where she's ensconced in a sailing club with a bunch of other girls who often pop out onto the Medway for a lark.

Back here, I can almost see the back of the garage

Christo the W