New Header Image Needed

Hi All,

I mainly read the forum on email and have only just seen that the header image on the forum now displays an ugly Photobucket stamp all over it.

I had forgotten that the image is hosted on an account of mine that I no longer have access to unless I give the company my credit card details and pay them for at least a month's access. Something I don't plan to do.

It's probably time the image is replaced anyway as it's around 10 years old.

Can we have suggestions a recent image posted here that best encapsulates the UK-HBBR to use as a replacement.

When making suggestions bear in mind that the image has to fit that extreme letterbox aspect ratio.

It would also be possible to merge/montage a number of images and then blend them with the blue background, as the existing image does.

This time I'll post the image used on the forum so we don't get caught by the changing terms and conditions of an external host.

Re: New Header Image Needed

By complex and largely hidden and unintuitive means I have managed to access and delete my account at Photobucket. They say it will remain alive for 48 hours before it is removed from their system in case I change my mind.

However, I have downloaded a clean copy of the image and post it here:

Clean Header Image
In case you missed the version being displayed until recently, it looked like this:

Photobucket Header Image
I am now about to link the clean version to the site but I still think it worth contemplating replacing the existing image with something more recent.
Alan Alan

Re: New Header Image Needed

Here is an offer: the boat in the foreground is an amateur built Welsford Joansa.

Re: New Header Image Needed

Thanks Alan!

That image certainly meets the "extreme letterbox" requirement but I'd say there are a few too many non-home built boats to be a candidate for the forum header.

If no one else comes up with anything then give me a couple of weeks and I'll see if I can make up a montage of craft from recent Thames Raid and Cobnor meets.
Alan Alan

Re: New Header Image Needed

Apart from the absence of other offers that's what I would say too. A montage sounds good.