Newbie from Norfolk

Luke4b Luke4b

Newbie from Norfolk

Hi all,

My name's Luke, I've just done my RYA level 1 at Barton Turf and I mentioned there that I was planning on making my own boat and was pointed here, I believe there is a rally there this coming weekend.  I was wondering if I may come along and ask some questions and have a look at your boats?

I've always fancied sailing but have lived in land-locked parts of the country until I moved to Norfolk last year.  I've picked up some plans for the Chameleon nesting dinghy which I'm going to base my design on but I've got some ideas of changes I'd like to make already.  I'm in the situation where I don't have a lot of space for storage and can't have a car trailer so nesting solves storage and I'm thinking it can go on the car roof with a bit of roof-rack re-engineering.

Re: Newbie from Norfolk

Hi Luke,
I'll be at Barton this weekend, do come along and have a chat, bring paper and pens we like designing other people's boats!
I don't think there will be very many of us, and even fewer boats, but we are quite friendly.
There will be a large number of open canoe enthusiasts around but don't let that put you off.

If we aren't eating Sheila's food we'll be down by the staithe or maybe even out on the water.
Cheers
Graham.
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Newbie from Norfolk

Hi Luke,
Well you could always borrow a boat and come on the Thames Raid!
Steve
Nesting Ray. Nesting Ray.

Re: Newbie from Norfolk

Hi and welcome Luke.

I too had the same problem as you, that being lack of space for boat building and storage when completed. I built a 10' nesting Spindrift from plans by B & B boats south Carolina. This was a simple build and came together quite quickly. Storage is in a small shed in my backyard, and goes on top of my old Rover estate quite easily in 2 separate sections. If you go into the builds in progress section and look at my ''In a shoebox on a shoestring '' page 4 all be revealed.  Good luck. Ray.