Order, order

Three points Right Honourable Administrator

1.  There are only five topics in 'Announcements and FAQ's', the last post being on August 4th last year, so how about subsuming it into 'Forum Ideas and Issues' - which is pretty much the same thing.

2.  Similarly, the Eco Forum is 'nice', but it's not exactly sailing full and bye.  So how about moving 'Builds in Progress' ahead of it, as it has the weather gage by 38 to 10.

3.  Finally, how about a new subject with things to go and things required - beg, borrow, or steal.  You could call it 'Good to Go'....   Or something equally ghastly

And round up all those oddities that are currently under inappropriate headings and pop them in the right place

Being an Ace Disorganization need not seep into the Forum

CeeDub

Re: Order, order

Points 1 and 2 done, odd topics moved to appropriate sub-forums. No Good To Go yet.

Re: Order, order

Excellent; thank you Paulie

Now my tiny mind can start finding something else to fuss itself about

Re: Order, order

As a failed, well ‘foiled’ engineer, I feel it creeping upon me to point out to all those electro-hungry, prop-driven villains from the planet Quark, that this forum is actually about home built boats.  That does not really include, how to incorporate Peukert, Shunt resistors, Virtual Village, Shunt Resistor, Denny, PWM, MPPT, Yi Yun, Astroflight, Hyperia, Neodym, ESC, Propsym, Aspro Clear, the Velayo, Javaprop and Undervoltage (there’s a good one – a bit like the ‘Undertoad’ we were all warned about at the seaside, when we were young).

These are not boats, these are accessories after the fact and might best be confined elsewhere, so that I can avoid them.

I suggest another topic called something like Techy-Tosh, where you can dribble electrophoria and Ergs over each other to your hearts content and I can dabble occasionally, when I find my Homebase solar powered, paraffin replacement, anchor light hasn’t quite lasted the night.

If you think I’m particularly grumpy, it’s ‘cos I have just tried sitting out with my early evening Sauvignon and Stella chaser, beside our ancient residential street here in Arundel – a town invented before the car; only to have Tuesday’s “Let’s have a drink in the local before we head home”, arsauto-holes using it as a rat run; go home first and do it there.  Peace!

PigsMight

Sail-and-Oar

(And just watch out, as next winter I’m thinking of building a myself car – it will have reasonable claim to this site as I expect it to be “BOAT” tailed….)

Re: Order, order

Methinks one needs to sit and chill with a bottle or two.............

I've built a couple of cars, but would really like to have a go at making a nice one from wood.  I saw this cold moulded one several years ago, and fell in love with it, for two reasons; the sensuality of the wood and the quirkiness of being a 2CV underneath (one of the most fun cars on the planet, in my view).

http://home.clara.net/peterfrost/tryaneii.html

Re: Order, order

Ancient & Marinated

My goal is to get MilliBee as far as possible down the Thames in a way that does minimal damage to the environment. That will put us one step closer to replacing those gas-guzzling diesel motor boats (that use even more fuel than your 4x4) with solar/wind powered propulsion.

I don't have a yuloh, nor the time to build one, haven't a clue if a yuloh would even work and it would get boring to use one all the time because its rather nice to relax and watch the scenery go by. Plus I'd spill my gin and tonic.

Its virtually impossible to sail a boat like MilliBee along the upper Thames - and the practical choice for the bigger river boats is more electro-babble or breathing in engine fumes. Take your pick!

Re: Order, order

Chris,

Offord lock full of electric boats during the Electric Boat Association AGM.

Lots of lovely wooden boats, traditionally hand made and silent. Feeling better now?

Re: Order, order

I've done a bit of housekeeping - the Eco forum is renamed to Technical forum and I moved all the stray electric propulsion topics into the Technical forum. It looks a bit tidier now.

-Paul