Returning to Barton Turf - This Weekend!

gregandginas gregandginas

Returning to Barton Turf - This Weekend!

Earlier in the year we had a healthy HBBR contingent at Barton Turf at a gathering which encompassed all sorts of boating folk.

This coming weekend, the venue is booked specifically for a gathering of (any/all) canoeists... but if anyone with any other boat would care to revisit (and to re-sample Sheila's excellent cooking)... he/she should feel free to come along as my guest!

This will be a pretty small, low key gathering... possibly ~20 folk.  I'll look into having something a bit more big-boat and sail-oriented (and flagged up a lot further in advance) sometime next year :)

Greg.

ps. Details at https://www.opencanoe.info/getting-involved/bank-holiday-norfolk-broads

Re: Returning to Barton Turf - This Weekend!

Hi Greg.
Thanks for the offer. Some of us are just getting back from the DCA rally at Cobnor, Chichester Harbour. Oh how we like to piggy back with other organisations!
So i'm afraid speeding off to Norfolk would be seen as unacceptable in the matrimonial dept. (only because I'm way behind with the housework).

A get together at Barton next year, around the same time i.e. late April or early May avoiding the bank holidays sound like a good idea. Do you want to have a chat with Simon & Sheila re dates?

Cheers
Graham.
Peter Nobes Peter Nobes

Re: Returning to Barton Turf - This Weekend!

I can't do this weekend either, sadly.  My crew both enjoyed the April weekend and would like to do it again, but they felt that a slightly warmer time of year would be better.

Best
Peter

On 26 August 2015 at 13:41, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Greg.
Thanks for the offer. Some of us are just getting back from the DCA rally at Cobnor, Chichester Harbour. Oh how we like to piggy back with other organisations!
So i'm afraid speeding off to Norfolk would be seen as unacceptable in the matrimonial dept. (only because I'm way behind with the housework).

A get together at Barton next year, around the same time i.e. late April or early May avoiding the bank holidays sound like a good idea. Do you want to have a chat with Simon & Sheila re dates?

Cheers
Graham.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Returning-to-Barton-Turf-This-Weekend-tp4029058p4029059.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

Peter Nobes
Teacher of the Alexander Technique
London UK
www.alexandertech.co.uk