Sensational....

Re: Sensational....

That is interesting.

Not out for another year. WIll wait to see reviews, but means I've time to save up!

On 15 Sep 2016, at 07:16, Chris Partridge [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://youtu.be/_0clzXWSaCw

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Sensational-tp4029626.html
To start a new topic under Technical/Eco Forum, email [hidden email]

Re: Sensational....

We will see. So easy to make a mistake and lose accuracy.

The jury is out and cncs are getting cheaper.

Ppp

Sent from my Samsung device

RE: Sensational....

I've seen this on other forums, it looks interesting although the full retail price is eye watering. It is supposed to autocorrect for your shaky hands.
Of course it also requires a cutting file which you would either have to get from the designer or create yourself.
Hopefully the price will fall after the early adopters have paid the development costs.
Graham

Sail when you can, motor when you can't http://www.millibee.co.uk

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Sensational-tp4029626p4029628.html
To start a new topic under Technical/Eco Forum, email [hidden email]

Re: Sensational....

Re: Sensational....

Now that is a serious contender. Surprisingly accurate given the design and certainly seems good enough for cutting parts for boats. The benefits of it operating unattended (apart from resetting depth of cutter) potentially puts it ahead of the Shaper Origin. 8' x 4' capability in such a small footprint is also genius. Price is very attractive too.

Also like their open source approach.

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention Chris.

What next?

Tim.

On 16 Nov 2016, at 07:35, Chris Partridge [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

And another one...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1830738289/maslow-cnc-a-500-open-source-4-by-8-foot-cnc-machi?ref=hero_thanks

Cheap!

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Sensational-tp4029626p4029805.html
To start a new topic under Technical/Eco Forum, email [hidden email]

Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Sensational....

Re: Sensational....

This is a cracking design.

They have solved the stupid footprint problem of a traditional 8x4 CNC by reducing the footprint to 8ft x 19in. It only cuts plywood shapes, but that's what 95% of people need.

The Arduino Mega R3 controller 'brain' is about £10, will connect by USB to a laptop and is open source. A very sensible choice.

We can build one of these chaps - we have the right combination of brains, space, and plenty of interested users.
Lets make HBBR great again!

-Paul