Thames Raid 2011 Photos

12

Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Add your 2011 Raid photos here please.

LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

is it raining?

Yep!

Sure is.

Noo such thing as bad weather, only the wrong cloothes.

It's bigger than my house, he said.

Pedal sailing.

Happy camper.

A lock.

Everyone sing: Yuloh, me lo, yuloh me too lo

Still singing?

Another lock.

Food!

I may not be wearing a hat, but I do have my chair!

Conferring round the conflagration.

Now that's your problem!

The end.

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

A few more happy boating pics.

Sunshine!
Rain!
more rain
Look behind you!
He Rows

So does He

LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Hi,
if possible could you send me the two in the lock with my Mermaid visible in the middle? please send to [hidden email]
Many Thanks
Steve

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Nabble normally hides any e-mail address entered into a nabble message or an e-mail responding to a nabble message.

Like this:  [hidden email]

You'll need to disguise it for it to be visible to anyone!

like: 'timmothames'  then the '@' symbol followed by 'btconnect.com'

John Lockwood (took pictures of us setting off) and Barry (includes the pictures at Boulters Lock) kindly sent me the photos taken on their cameras on Cds. Both have pictures worth sharing. Not for me to post any on the web without their permission though. John/Barry: could you select and post? If you'd prefer me to do it for you I'd be happy to do so.

Graham, I'm pulling together the Watercraft article. Any chance of full size versions of the Mushroom Man pictures (and did anyone else get shots of him? My camera battery was flat by then.) Also that shot you posted of you just after the lock shots is a cracker, worth offering to Pete for the article. You also have a good one of Paul in Illusion there too. No idea which ones Pete will choose, but I'd like to offer him a good selection!

I'm still hoping someone has a good shot or two of the campfire scene. I have two but both are slightly out of focus/blurred and won't make it into Watercraft! Phil… didn't you have your camera out that evening?

Tim.

Ratcatcherjohn Ratcatcherjohn

RE: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Morning Tim        Please feel free to select and use as you wish.  Copyright and fees to be sorted in some pub / bar at a later date.
  I`m already thinking of a bigger and more powerful TBA (probably with more engines and a shed) for next year.  Following Barton TBA has been unofficially renamed  "Tows Bl**dy Anything".

Regards  John

From: "LASER41420 [via UK HBBR Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim O'Connor <[hidden email]>

Hi,
if possible could you send me the two in the lock with my Mermaid visible in the middle? please send to [hidden email]
Many Thanks
Steve

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3094567.html

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

TBA stretched to 15/16 ft could be the basis of a very spacious and stable cabin cruiser. Wouldn't need a big outboard either to travel at Thames speeds. Extra hull length would make her easier to push along. You could even (careful, don't choke on your beer) consider electric power. There would be plenty of space for batteries and solar panels. I'll not even mention the possibility of a yuloh for propulsion!

Tim.

From: "Ratcatcherjohn [via UK HBBR Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:03:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim O'Connor <[hidden email]>

From: "LASER41420 [via UK HBBR Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim O'Connor <[hidden email]>

Hi,
if possible could you send me the two in the lock with my Mermaid visible in the middle? please send to [hidden email]
Many Thanks
Steve

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3094567.html

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3094607.html

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Timmo wrote
TBA stretched to 15/16 ft could be the basis of a very spacious and stable
cabin cruiser. Wouldn't need a big outboard either to travel at Thames
speeds. Extra hull length would make her easier to push along. You could
even (careful, don't choke on your beer) consider electric power. There
would be plenty of space for batteries and solar panels. I'll not even
mention the possibility of a yuloh for propulsion!
I second that comment about cabin cruisers - MilliBee was excellent on the 2009 Raid. A small 2.5hp barely above tickover was enough to push her along and a small cabin is highly recommended.

John - as you are down the road and round the corner pop by any-time to see MilliBee and my electric outboard. Electric is the way to go as its popular with the other raid members for obvious reasons.
Charging is a bit problematic but there are enough locks with power with a small O/B as backup.

The electric outboard lasted about 1 day on 1 battery - unfortunately I only had a small 4A charger which was not enough to charge the battery for the next day, even though the first lock had ton of power on tap.
2 to 4 batteries and a kick-ass charger from ebay should do the job nicely. There are low cost 20A chargers on ebay from the land of the rising sun and they can recharge 2 batteries overnight.

barry o'hara barry o'hara

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Tim, I'm more than happy for you to load the photo's I sent you, as I'm not that good at such things, something to do with age I think!
Barry

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Tim, the photo of me doing my Indiana Jones impression was taken by Cee Dubbs, who I'm sure won't mind if i forward you a copy.
The Photo's of Mushroom Man are very blurry, it had been pootling it down a couple of minutes before and the lens must have been steamed up. I'll send it to you anyway but i don't think Pete will be able to use it.
Steve your Photos are on their way.

I think that's it. Graham.

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Thanks Graham. If no-one else took a picture of the Mushroom Man hopefully the techno photoshop wizard Pete keeps chained up somewhere can do something with the photo. It's too good a sight to waste.

Chris… Do you have the original of that pic of Graham? Could be useful to have the bigger file I'm sure you have squirrelled away on your system somewhere.

Tim

From: "Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 06:24:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim O'Connor <[hidden email]>

Hi,
Tim, the photo of me doing my Indiana Jones impression was taken by Cee Dubbs, who I'm sure won't mind if i forward you a copy.
The Photo's of Mushroom Man are very blurry, it had been pootling it down a couple of minutes before and the lens must have been steamed up. I'll send it to you anyway but i don't think Pete will be able to use it.
Steve your Photos are on their way.

I think that's it. Graham.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3095480.html

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Tim - there is a pic of Mushroom Paul on rowingforpleasure which is OK for the web but taken with a mobile phone. If you think Pete can use it, let me know and I'll send it over.
ChrisP(S)

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

With permission from Barry here are a selection of the photos taken on his camera, mostly by Dave Steade

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Also from John Lockwood, with his permission, some photos from the start. Slightly affected by the rain!

LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

these are some really good ones,can we have larger versions? or alternativly copies of 2, 8, 9 for me please
Thanks
Steve

With permission from Barry here are a selection of the photos taken on his camera, mostly by Dave Steade

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3097282.html

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Larger versions as requested:

Again: photos taken on Barry O'Hara's camera by Dave Steade. make sure credit is given!

If you want originals Steve you need to smuggle your e-mail address past Nabble's privacy protection.

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

Looks a good quality picture. If you could send it I'll include in the ones I send Pete, they can then select the ones they can get the best result from!

Glad you got a shot of the kids in the canoe. Can't use it in Watercraft without their permission unfortunately but they were nice people and that's a good memory of them.

Tim

From: "Chris Partridge [via UK HBBR Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim O'Connor <[hidden email]>

Tim - there is a pic of Mushroom Paul on rowingforpleasure which is OK for the web but taken with a mobile phone. If you think Pete can use it, let me know and I'll send it over.
ChrisP(S)

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3096791.html
LASER41420 LASER41420

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

laser41420 at yahoo.co.uk
:) happy

Again: photos taken on Barry O'Hara's camera by Dave Steade. make sure credit is given!

If you want originals Steve you need to smuggle your e-mail address past Nabble's privacy protection.

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Thames-Raid-2011-Photos-tp3087903p3099149.html

Phil H Phil H

Re: Thames Raid 2011 Photos

I did take a bunch of campfire pics at Longridge, Tim, but just shot them on 'auto'.  The results in that poor light are, sadly, really not worth passing on.

Phil