Thames Raid 2012 Photos

12
Richard Richard

Thames Raid 2012 Photos

This post was updated on .
I hope nobody minds if I kick off this year's Thames Raid photo gallery while many of you are still out on the Thames Raid!

I'm Richard the piano tuner who met some of you at Beale Park 2011, and also on the riverbank in Oxford this week. Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions about your boats. As promised here are some photos of the Thames Raid 2012, presented in the order that you came past Donnington Bridge in south Oxford.

Unfortunately my camera is not very good therefore the photos on this post are already at maximum resolution so there's no point in emailing them to any of you. If you want to save one of them just right click on it with your mouse then left click "Save Image..." thanks.

Look out for the hat with a yuloh!

Two other members passed here, of which I only have very shaky amateur video footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nN2oNHBJLM

Congratulations on all the blood, sweat and tears you put in to get these fine boats out on the water. Contrary to my amateur forecasts, it turned out to be a warm, dry afternoon here in Oxford, I hope you made it to Abingdon without getting drenched!

Richard
piano-tuning.co.uk

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

I saw three ships:

And one of the (?two) heroes who did the whole trip with just a single blade:

Grum determination:

And 'Zelva' the beautiful:

That's all folks!

- The penalty for trying to hold two oars and a camera

CW
AdrianG AdrianG

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Some additions:

If any of the Raiders would like original files of these or any other piccies I've got of them, drop me a Personal Message using the Nabble facility letting me know what your email address is (as far as I'm aware, I can't include files using the Nabble PM function) and I shall reply using my email account with any relevant piccies (no warranty given for their quality!).
Flickr? Maybe one day.
Kind regards
Adrian
Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

momist momist

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Thanks for posting that.  I really don't like the "posterisation" effect, although I can see that it works very well in some of the shots.   I suppose the fascination with boots, rather than boats, reflects the conditions?  Apart from that, it is a very interesting set of pics for someone like me who couldn't get there this year.  Wish I'd been there . . .
AdrianG AdrianG

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

OK, I have finally succumbed to the Flickery-wotsit-thing. I'll be most surprised if this works - but here goes. There 'may' be some piccies at the end of the following link (no promises):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80678606@N02/
Kind regards
Adrian

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Adrian, the flickery-wotsit-thing always gets its man.
Thanks for posting these, somehow the photos seem to lessen the pain.
Cheers Graham.

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Taken on my phone - Launching Polly Wee.

You are never too far from a Scotsman with some magic water.....

Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Well now that flaming June has been and gone, and I've arrived back from my second week of sun on the water , I thought it was about time to string some moving pictures together.

Here then is day 1, a day of birdsong and some sunshine. It's rough and ready but I don't have the time to do anything more at the current time!

Enjoy.

Talking of last week, 3 HBBR raiders spent a week at Seafair Haven in Wales. Our base at Lawrenny is superbly situated for a HBBR meet. Super sailing, great canoeing and rowing, and pubs at the top of secluded creeks.

There's also wind and a healthy tidal flow to help (or hinder) your journey. If anyone is interested in a week there I have some POCs and can follow up if there is enough interest.

Here's Al doing his bit!

Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Randonneur wrote
Here then is day 1, a day of birdsong and some sunshine. It's rough and ready but I don't have the time to do anything more at the current time!

Enjoy.
And as the embeded videos don't appear to show via email, here are the links!

http://youtu.be/zGeayqUnAWw

and

http://youtu.be/vsP8iMPMkEE
David Bewick David Bewick

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Great stuff, Pete.  In your video, the Thames Raid looks a lot drier than I remember it, though!

David.
tony waller tony waller

RE: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

That’s a really good bit of filming – thanks and congrats. Tony

Here then is day 1, a day of birdsong and some sunshine. It's rough and ready but I don't have the time to do anything more at the current time!

Enjoy.

And as the embeded videos don't appear to show via email, here are the links!

Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM, David Bewick [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great stuff, Pete.  In your video, the Thames Raid looks a lot drier than I remember it, though!

David.

That's because it's only day 1.
The rain came on the remaining days!
(Just like in Wales).
Stay  tuned for more.

Pete
Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

tony waller tony waller

RE: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Thanks, Pete. Am looking forward to the next one. Tony

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

Another nice one, Pete.  I loved Timmo's ever more frantic gesticulations in an attempt to keep CW out of a tree (unsucessfully, I guess)!  There were glimpses of the weather I remember this time but one thing is puzzling me - just how do you get your feet wet in a Paradox?

David.
Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM, David Bewick [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
... one thing is puzzling me - just how do you get your feet wet in a Paradox?

Walking to the pub in sandals!

Pete
Randonneur Randonneur

Re: Thames Raid 2012 Photos