The Ratcatcher's been caught

Just had word that Ratcatcher John died last night. No more details than that. We, and a lot of other people round here (the Broads), will miss him.
Simon

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

Hi Simon,
I'm very sad to hear that news.
John was a great man, he'll be missed by everyone who knew him.

A great character.

And an exemplary boat-builder.

If you have his home address could you please e-mail it to me at portnastorm.gn@gmail.com

Thanks
Graham

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

This post was updated on .
John's Address

<Removed from public view, ask if you need it>

We, and the world, have lost a great character, good friend and true eccentric.

[cid:B87A6E6B-858F-4153-B3A4-AAB029F0FA0A]

On 12 May 2019, at 20:56, Port-Na-Storm [via UK HBBR Forum] <ml+s967333n4031036h29@n3.nabble.com<mailto:ml+s967333n4031036h29@n3.nabble.com>> wrote:

Hi Simon,
I'm very sad to hear that news.
John was a great man, he'll be missed by everyone who knew him.

A great character.

[http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/file/n4031036/2010_05_29_066_%282%29.jpg]

And an exemplary boat-builder.

[http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/file/n4031036/2012_06_05_055.jpg]

If you have his home address could you please e-mail it to me at portnastorm.gn@gmail.com<mailto:portnastorm.gn@gmail.com>

Thanks
Graham

Port-Na-Storm

http://port-na-storm.blogspot.com/

________________________________
http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/The-Ratcatcher-s-been-caught-tp4031034p4031036.html
To start a new topic under Introduce Yourself, email ml+s967333n1621630h43@n3.nabble.com<mailto:ml+s967333n1621630h43@n3.nabble.com>
NAML<http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

P6040067.jpeg (151K) <http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/attachment/4031037/0/P6040067.jpeg>

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

I'm devastated to lose John, a good friend and a wonderful character who will never be forgotten.

I especially enjoyed waxing lyrical with John over a pint or two at Beale Park, listening to endless funny stories.
RIP
inwe inwe

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

So sorry to hear this. Again a great story teller and a funny man. A sad loss to us all.

Richard

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

One of the 'Old Guard'

CW
AdrianG AdrianG

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

 Very sad news indeed, Simon, but thank you for letting us know.

Good to have known you, John - you will be missed. RIP.

Our thoughts and sincere condolences to Mrs Ratcatcher and family.

Adrian & Christine
David Bewick David Bewick

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

I was so sorry to hear this news.  It is interesting that the image that Timmo has posted was the very first thing that went through my mind.  I think it was the 2012 Thames raid when this craft first took to the water in this form.  As I recall, it did not track too well in a straight line and turned on command even less well.  The man and his boats will be missed by all who knew them.

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

Very sad.
He was one of those guys who you think of a just an eccentric but the more you talked to him the more you discovered how much he knew and how much he had done.
This picture was taken at Stalham...
Randonneur Randonneur

Re: The Ratcatcher's been caught

Very sad news. John was indeed one of a kind.
I've missed him over the last couple of years at Beale.
He could always be trusted to bring a smile to your face.
He took pity on me more than once preparing my pot noodles,  and knocked up a gourmet meal from his vast store of tinned potatoes and corned beef, whilst we chatted over "Elf n Safety" and the like.

Condolences to all family and friends.
RIP John,