Towing whilst disqualified...

Grldtnr Grldtnr

Towing whilst disqualified...

Grldtnr Grldtnr

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

Sorry ,I am a cyber klutz, maybe someone more enlightened can link to the report?

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

I think what you did was treat the link as a file to be uploaded.

Having found what you were trying to link I did this:
1. Typed a phrase to use as a link
2. Selected the text I typed
3. Clicked the LINK button on the message composition box toolbar
4. Pasted in the address on the dialogue that appears
5. Clicked the OK button
The link then looks like this in the composition box:
but, once posted, looks like this:

Mobility Scooter/Tow Car?

Hope this helps for the future!
John P John P

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

Silly man, he should have towed the boat with a push bike then he would have been perfectly legal (?)

Picture shows Josephine towing our 15 foot sliding seat rowing boat with a Brompton folding bicycle.  The bicycle will fit in the stowage compartment in the boat so making an amphibious combination.

The picture was taken at Beale Park boat show a couple of years ago and I admit that we havent tried this since then, when we want to move the boat overland its just so easy to slide it onto the car roof rack.

The wheels on the boat are wheelchair wheels, they just clip into tubes recessed into the sides of the boat then they release by pressing a button in the wheel hub. They are very useful for moving the boat from car park to slipway and when we go rowing we usually take the wheels with us in the boat since they are handy for portaging locks or getting the boat out of the water for a picnic.

inwe inwe

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

At this point I would like to remind all of you of a certain age that when you are forced to renew your driving licence because of your age (70) to check carefully what categories the dvla have given you. It is not uncommon for them to have deleted the category that allows you to trail. Take care.

Richard

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

Oo-er!

When I renewed mine in August this year they pointed out that I couldn't keep my right to drive a minibus with a simple online renewal, but mentioned nothing else.

I passed my car driving licence on 27 August 1965 and my motorcycle licence a couple of years later.

It seems I can still tow a trailer of any size (providing I'm wearing my glasses)!

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

And always, always, tie the boat down properly....

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

You have to wonder just how fast he was travelling,  just how hard he hit the brake,  and what went through his mind other than his bow roller.

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via UK HBBR Forum] wrote ----

And always, always, tie the boat down properly....

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/Towing-whilst-disqualified-tp4030840p4030860.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]
inwe inwe

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

Oh Graham its only the new quick way of launching !!!!

Richard
philoxuk philoxuk

Re: Towing whilst disqualified...

.....saves all that tiresome reversing the trailer down the slip malarkey.....

Phil.