Underwater LED Light!!

None of us would be silly enough to mount a light under our boats... or would we. But if the LED is built for underwater use it should be reliable on deck in all sorts of weather.

Not content with just working, they now come in your favourite colours (see the link).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291633755865

I posted this to let you all know how far waterproof 12 volt LEDs have come. An LED light rated at 10 Watts will light up a sail very well. 10 Watts might be too much, but you can dim the light to save battery life. Also modern LEDs are more efficient than older LEDs.

There are plain white versions of course, that would be wired with a switch.

-Paul