What a great Thames Raid!

For once the rain happened mainly when tents were already up and possessions safely stowed in the dry, even though several of us got soaked through on Tuesday afternoon.
I had a fabulous time - thanks to you all and especially to Graham for organising.

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Yes it was a great holiday, with good company and we were lucky with the weather.

I'll post my photos later when I have more time.

Cheers
AdrianG AdrianG

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Hear, hear. A jolly good time was had, followed by a good Beale show. Cheers, everyone, for the fun company.
Kind regards
Adrian

John P John P

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Yes, many thanks for all the (dis)orgnising.
More pics:

Randonneur Randonneur

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

'twas great as usual.
Only the one soaking on Monday evening...
I didn't take many photos this year for some reason, probably because they all seem to be repeats of the previous year!

PP

Philip Hoath Philip Hoath

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Yes, another great trip. Many thanks for the good company and all the support when I was ill. I am now doing the job I should have done 12 months ago, straightening my tent pegs.
Very best wishes
Philip

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Remember this place in Goring? Turns out it is a retirement home. A three bed flat in it is on the market at £810,000...

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

I got a lovely view of the countryside by the home for about 10p worth of electricity. 😁

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Three bedrooms, if we double up we could get six of us in there, that's about £140k each.
Are they using that boat house or could we convert it into a workshop?

On other matters, after a couple of phone calls, one with a taxi firm who denied all knowledge, "No mate we never took the job"  and another with the booking agency who appeared to be in The Netherlands, "Ya Mr Gram your booking is cancelled I will make complaint for you"  I have now received a full refund for the mini bus that never was. We won't be doing that again. I should now take to social media and diss the tossers but life's too short and I can't stop laughing about the election results.
Oops did I mention the election, sorry!

Thanks again to Roger and Phil who stepped in and saved the day, and the lovely ladies at The Trout for whom nothing seemed to be any trouble.

Thanks to all for your great company, I had a super time.
Graham.
Chris Adeney Chris Adeney

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Yes another great trip. Thanks all of you. We were lucky with the weather. I have just returned from the Broads were we were storm bound in Horsey Dyke at the top of Horsey Mere for two days with 40mph winds! Not much sailing on our trip. Chris A.

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Yes Grum

A political shambles, isn't it; but at least it's a democratic shambles

http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-leaders-reappoint-donald-tusk-as-council-president/

But we're not going to get political on this boating forum, are we?

I had a lovely time - up with the lark and I dunno quite why, but I suspect it has something to do with a lack of wine, so I shall continue

1664, Sir?

I have quite a few pictures, but mostly of bits of river and parts of camp-site and cows and such and it'd take an age to get them all uploaded; so here's just a taste -

And there goes the 'Insert Image' - won't open for a last shot....

Oh yes it has; but removed the intervening snap and replaced it with a second copy of Chris A.'s canoe!

Now it's got the message; damn electrons.  And I still haven't had a go

In Katie Beardie , under full sail

Hey-ho

CW

Isabella Isabella

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

The girls were SO excited to see some of you at Beale. We were there with the OCA - and their paddling has really come on. They tell me they want to do the Thames Raid next year - in their own boat !!!
We shall see !!

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Look forward to it!

Tim.

On 19 Jun 2017, at 11:28, Isabella [via UK HBBR Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

The girls were SO excited to see some of you at Beale. We were there with the OCA - and their paddling has really come on. They tell me they want to do the Thames Raid next year - in their own boat !!!
We shall see !!

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/What-a-great-Thames-Raid-tp4030200p4030232.html
To start a new topic under HBBR Meetings, email [hidden email]

Re: What a great Thames Raid!

Or there's here...

But this is the place I really really want.. Just don't choke on the price...