project boat

Alan Alan

project boat

This post was updated on .
Not a home built but looks good for a "project"
GRP topper topaz hull in Peterborough
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131452538048?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
OOPS Topper Cruz - I got it wrong in the time it takes to cut and paste.

Re: project boat

Not a Topaz - it's a Cruz (and he has a choice of two of them)
Simon

(Topaz is a moulded plastic training boat, and, once they've gone soft, they're shot.
Cruz is GRP - which is repairable - and originally had a cat-ketch rig, one mast at front and one at back. Didn't sell well, probably because of the unusual rig, but owners seemed to like them. Bill Sargeant I believe had one before he built his Paradox)
Alan Alan

Re: project boat

I've just seen a pic of a ketch or yawl rigged version; the tiller and extension have to be passed behind the mizzen and under the mizzen sheet horse every time you tack or gybe. I would soon get very tired of that, but the hull seems nicely shaped and ideal for fitting the rig of your choice.

Re: project boat

If you fit a double-ended tiller extension (or even just two, one each side) then it becomes easier.

Simon